24 ITEMS FOR YOUR WEDDING DAY EMERGENCY KIT
You’ve spent months–sometimes years–planning your wedding and the day is finally here! No matter how perfect you want the day to be mishaps are bound to happen. Whether it’s a spilled glass of wine, a ripped bridesmaid dress, or an unfortunate headache, you want to be prepared for any unexpected emergency that may pop up. That’s why having a wedding day emergency kit is so important. These items will solve almost every problem under the sun so you can focus on saying “I do” rather than the unforeseen hiccups.
- Sewing Kit – Rips and tears unfortunately happen. Be prepared to fix small snags and missing buttons with a sewing kit
- Safety Pins – Bring along a pack of safety pins with different size pins to fix small tears, broken bra or dress straps, or a broken bustle
- Portable Steamer – While there’s a good chance that your wedding attire will be steamed beforehand, wrinkles do happen during transportation. Skip the iron and use a portable handheld steamer to steam out any unwanted creases
- Stain Remover Pen – How many times have you worn a white shirt only to spill something down the front of you? It’s bound to happen. Especially later on in the evening. You’ll be happy to have a stain remover pen handy should anything happen to your wedding dress or suit
- Lint Roller – Make sure everyone is looking fuzz-free before the festivities begin with a travel lint roller
- Earring Backs – Jewelry and other accessories are just as important as the wedding attire itself. It’s not uncommon for earring backings to go missing, so having extras on hand can help avoid panic
- Fabric Tape – The last thing anyone wants at their wedding is a wardrobe malfunction. Save yourself from a fallen hem or slipping bodice by using double-sided fashion tape
- Boutonniere Pins – These are always needed yet somehow no one ever has one
Don’t Miss: How to Reduce the Stress of Planning
- Bobby Pins – Once your hairstylist has left, it’s up to you to maintain your wedding hair. You’ll be happy to have bobby pins on hand to fix any flyaways or pieces that have fallen throughout the day
- Lip Balm/Lip Stick – Wedding day means there’s a good chance there’s going to be a lot of kissing. Dry lips not only makes kissing uncomfortable, but it also causes your lips to look uneven and patchy. Keep the dryness at bay with lip balm
- Hair Spray – Just like bobby pins, hair spray is a good addition to have handy
- Blotting Papers – Blotting papers will help absorb unwanted oil and shine–something especially important if you’re having an outdoor wedding or the weather is warmer than expected
- Top Coat – Not only is clear nail polish great for avoiding nail polish chips, but it can also be used to prevent snags or runs in tights
- Brush – This one is pretty self-explanatory
- Tweezers – You never know when you’re going to need to remove a stay hair or two
- Finishing Spray – Although your make-up artist will likely set your makeup before the ceremony, spraying more throughout the day will ensure that your makeup doesn’t budge–even through the craziest parties
- Baby Powder – Baby powder does it all. From absorbing extra moisture to preventing chafing, it will help you stay comfortable throughout the day
- Floss – While it may not seem like a big deal, food in your teeth can really ruin wedding photos. Keep your, your partner’s, and your wedding party’s teeth clean with dental floss
- Deodorant – Nerves often lead to sweat which leads to you smelling less than fab. No one wants to smell bad on their special day!
- Lotion – It’s important to keep your skin hydrated, especially for winter weddings so that your skin is glowing
- Pain Medicine – Whether you’re met with a headache, a hangover from the rehearsal dinner, or cramps, the last thing you want is to be in pain during your wedding. You may also want to include allergy and indigestion medicine as well
- First Aid Kit – Band-aids, antibiotic ointment, butterfly strips–you never know what you’re going to need
- Feminine Products – Never get stuck unprepared–even if it’s for your bridal party
- Anti-Blister Balm – There’s a good chance that you got new shoes for your wedding, and while we’d like to hope that you broke them in beforehand, there’s also a chance that you didn’t have time. Or maybe you did and they’re still just bothering you! Save your soles with an anti-blister balm so that you can dance the night away without the pain
By Alan Waltz
Born in Detroit Michigan, Alan has had a love of music from an early age. From playing in his High School Marching band, to playing in front of large audiences at Walt Disney World, Alan feels fortunate to be able to turn his passion into his business. Recently he has been staying busy writing and producing music for TV and Film. Now that in-person events are returning he’s looking forward to helping people realize their vision by providing high quality DJ’s, lighting and photo booths for all occasions.
Our services are provided in the entire state of California.
We are available for contact anytime and will respond within 24 hours.
Phone: (408) 243-4931
© 2021 Alan Waltz Entertainment